Thursday, July 8, 2010

Teddy

Cameron’s mother did a great job preserving some of Cameron’s childhood toys. Cameron recently went home and retuned with his favorite toy--Teddy Ruxpin! When I first saw Teddy I noticed he was a bit larger then I expected (I had never seen one in person before since he wasn’t part of my generation.) We packed him, his tapes and books up and flew him to California.


When we got home we placed some new batteries in Teddy put a tape inside Teddy’s back. We sat Teddy and Brayden down with a book and we were ready to hear a story. Unfortunately, Teddy did not speak. We were sure we could get him to work so we took the batteries out and put them back in numerous ways. Teddy still didn’t work so we turned to the internet for help. We found several sites talking about Teddy and how to perform surgery on Teddy to make him work again. We also found a site that said after a few months of inactivity; Teddy will stop working for good. Unfortunately, Teddy hasn’t been turned on since the late 1980’s!! After reading many sites and deciding we weren’t going to go through with the surgery, we decided that Teddy had indeed passed away.


Well we think he has passed but… we are using this blog as the last resource for help. Do any of you know how to get Teddy to speak again? Anyone out there want to attempt surgery on Teddy? Sadly, if we cannot get him to speak we might have to bury him in a California landfill.

4 comments:

The Shaws said...

Karen, I was laughing the whole way through this blog post. You are so funny! My suggestion would be for Cameron to try mouth to mouth. If that doesn't work, bring him to my house and I will leave him on my older sister's porch. She had some love affair with Teddy as a child. I think she misses him (I am serious about that..I'll take him)

JD, Annie and Ellie said...

I don't even remember this Teddy he was so fond of. I hope it works out for him. I am sure Cameron is really upset with his loss.

JD, Annie and Ellie said...

p.s. Brayden looks like you in this picture...

Jessica said...

B's mom saved some of B's toys too...mostly tractors and micromachines, but I LOVE that now Edmond and Charlie can play with them. They love playing with them, too. Too bad about Teddy...I wish I knew how to help him.