Friday, July 16, 2010

A Last Minute Change for the Better...

So maybe I have renter's remorse or maybe it's intuition. Anyway, the last couple of days I have been taking Brayden on wagon rides in the complex. Every day we pass new apartments that are vacant. Because our complex drastically lowers rent when there are a lot of openings of a certain floorplan, I have been checking the rates every night. Cameron gets annoyed at me and told me to stop, but I didn't...

Anyway, to my surprise, last night I looked at the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom floor plan (980 sq feet) and noticed that is was listed for only $7 more per month than the 1 bedroom, 1 den & 1 bathroom that we signed for last week. I was excited since these usually go for $300-350 more per month.

Today we switched our contract to the bigger apartment (our complex manager probably gets annoyed with us). We are now moving on August 5th. Brayden will get his own bedroom and bathroom, we will have an additional parking spot, and more space when guests come over.

Here is the newest floor plan (unless we change our minds again):




2 comments:

Liz said...

I can't wait to see it! And I'm a little jealous of your 2 bathrooms! I'm glad you are getting that apartment so you don't have to sleep next to your oven any more :)

Karen said...

Haha... yeah it will be good!