This last week has been a very long week. Last Saturday night Brayden developed a fever so I assumed he was teething. Tuesday morning he still had a fever and several times it reached above 103 degrees so I figured he probably wasn’t teething. I took him to the doctor who said Brayden most likely had Roseola. Roseola is a viral illness that almost all children have but only a few children show symptoms of it. The symptoms are a high fever for 4 or 5 days followed by a rash all over the body. Thursday he developed the rash and his fever went down but he didn’t sleep well so I was exhausted.
While I was taking care of Brayden Cameron was working and was very busy with school. Right now for school he is working on a 6 month consulting project with a company from Italy. The Italians came to town on Wednesday so he had a lot to do. After work on Wednesday he and a classmate took the executives out to dinner so he didn’t come home until 10 pm. Thursday night he had to write a research paper. Friday he took a vacation day but was at school from 6:30 am until 10:30 pm. Saturday morning he left for school at 7:00 am and didn’t come home until 11:30 pm. Most of the time he was in meetings with the Italian executives but afterwards, they took them out to eat and on Saturday they took them to the Getty Art Museum. Needless to say, Cameron was never home and he is now sick. I am just happy to say it’s over.





5 comments:
Karen I am so sorry that you had to deal with that. Sydnee my 3 year had that last summer while I was 7 months pregnant with Dawson and I was watching my neice and nephew for a week. Brandon had to work and had summer school also. I don't know exactly how you felt, but I do know it sucks and I don't wish that upon anyone. I am so sorry, but I am happy that you are on the end of it. Good luck and I hope you get some sleep!
You look so cute in the picture with Brayden!! I am glad he is better--it's no fun being sick(or taking care of a sick kid!)
That sounds so exhausting! Sounds like Cameron is getting graet experience though:>
GOsh! What a week you had! I'm sorry it was a bummer. This week will be better I'm sure! We are needing a park day with you guys soon! (or maybe swimming?)
By the way, you look GORGEOUS in that pic with Brayden! So photogenic!
Karen - Yikes! That is always hard when you have a sick baby, especially with a fever, it is really stressful, and especially with no hubby around :(
I am glad everything worked out and that Brayden is all better. I bet you'll be so glad when Cameron is done with school too!
Post a Comment