Thursday, May 20, 2010

Brayden's 5th trip to Utah

A few months ago I befriended Jetblue on facebook just to keep up with all the deals. Last Monday while on Facebook jetblue posted $10 fairs for that Tuesday and Wednesday. After debating whether the trip would be worth the preparation with a baby... I decided to book it.

Unfortunately, Cameron had school that Saturday so he couldn't join us on this trip. On Tuesday I baked cookies and prepared a few meals for Cameron to bake while I was gone. I then spent the rest of the day packing. We woke up early Wednesday morning and flew to Utah.

This was a very last minute trip but everything about it was fun. Below are a few pictures I managed to take while there:

This is Cove, Utah.... Where I grew up. Population: 443 (probably now 442 since I left in 2004)
This is the road that takes you to my parents house.

While Home we were able to make it to my nephew Kaysen's third birthday party.
Kaysen and his friend Spiderman. All of the younger cousins (especially Ellie) were scared of spiderman.


Ellie insisted on pulling Brayden's binkie out of his mouth and then giving it back to him... what a nice cousin.
Gracee insisted on petting Brayden's head like he was her little puppy dog.
When none of his cousins were bothering Brayden he enjoyed the balloons.

While at my parents Brayden enjoyed crawling around finding new things to play with.

He tasted dirt for the first time... I wasn't paying attention when this occured.
He loved that Windmill

Other fun things that happened while home:
  • Went to a cute little fabric store in Preston, ID
  • Visited my aunt Angie, Cousins Jenna and Katie (Sorry Aunt Julie we didn't make it to your house)
  • Had a birthday dinner and lunch for my younger brother Jeff
  • My younger brother Jeff got engaged while we were home
  • Went shopping with my sister and mom
  • Whenever Brayden needed a nap Grandpa would take him on a four wheeler ride and without fail he always came back sleeping.
  • Saw my friend Amanda and her adorable girls at the JJ Cole sale
  • Enjoyed the crazy winds and rain
  • Had fun being with lots of family!
Thanks Cameron for letting us leave you for a few days and for cleaning our entire apartment while we were gone. :)

4 comments:

Brad and Jenna said...

Looks like fun! What a mean little cousin Ellie to keep stealing the binky :)

juliewesterberg said...

I noticed I was left out of the fun. Next time we can meet at Suppose. These pictures remind me of you, Marybeth, Amy, David, Jonathan, and Annie. I remember a line of highchairs at Thanksgiving.

Liz said...

Glad you had so much fun. Poor spiderman... that guy was so misunderstood. The pictures of Cove are gorgeous. It looks so relaxing and refreshing!

Amanda said...

So glad that you were able head this way for a few days. I get homesick and I only live an hour drive away. Oh Cove!! How I miss you!