Saturday, April 2, 2011

Las Vegas

Cameron and I just returned from our mini vacation to Las Vegas. I believe I mentioned a few posts ago about Cameron’s surprise that he planned after finding $29 flights. I was of course a bit hesitant to leave Brayden—not because I didn’t think he would be well cared for but because I knew I would miss him.

Wednesday morning I dropped Brayden off with Shawna (which I think was the hardest part of leaving him) went home and packed and then Cameron and I headed to the airport. We flew out of Long Beach which is a wonderful airport because it only takes approximately five minutes to get through security and to your gate. After a short 45 minute flight we arrived in Las Vegas, picked up our car, and checked into the hotel.

We stayed at the Trump hotel on the strip. I loved this hotel. It is a new, non-smoking, non-gaming hotel. You get as much free bottled water as you want (which is nice when pregnant and walking around Vegas). The rooms are large, the bathrooms have jetted tubs and a TV in the mirror. Lastly, we were on the 58th floor and had a great view of almost everything on the strip (we could even see the fountains at the Bellagio). I wish I would have taken a picture but I didn’t.

That night we went to the Cirque du Soleil show “O.” This was our third Cirque show and probably the weirdest yet. Not weird in a bad way… these shows are so fun to go to and very entertaining but they are a bit strange as well. The show was awesome to watch because the stage turns into a giant pool of water. We had great seats and it made for a great date night.

The next day we went to an outlet mall and out to eat. We also went and saw some of the traditional Vegas attractions. On Friday, we woke up, went to breakfast then went to a chocolate factory (mostly for the free chocolate). We then headed to the airport to come home.

I had a great time. I would say I did fine without Brayden 80% of the time but there was the 20% that made me wish I didn’t leave him. It was only two days but at times it seemed like forever. Once I picked him up I realized I shouldn’t have worried at all about him.

We are back to our normal routine and likely done vacationing until after our baby is born.

A few pictures from our trip:




3 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

I've heard the Trump is the place to stay. Glad you guys had a good time. Did you notice that there are no drinking fountains in Vegas? Same in Disneyland.

Leslie said...

Looks like so much fun!! I am in need of a good vacation!

The Stanger Fam said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Glad you got to have a little vacation before the baby comes. I know what you mean about leaving Brayden, I have a hard time leaving my boys for a long time too.