Friday, September 3, 2010

Catalina Island

Cameron and I have wanted to go to Catalina Island since we moved to LA. Earlier in the year we planned two trips but canceled both of them because Brayden was sick. Since we decided to go on our Anniversary I told Cameron he was in charge of all the plans.

To start off our trip we drove to San Pedro which is about 40 minutes from our house where we boarded a boat. The boat ride to the island was about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
(Brayden and daddy on the boat)

When we arrived in Catalina we went to a breakfast cafe and then we walked around the cute little shops.

On Catalina Island almost everyone drives a golf cart. We learned there is currently a 17 year wait to get a car on the island. I guess for every two cars that leave the island they can only bring one back over. So we decided to rent a golf cart to tour the island. I would have to say this was one of the funnest parts of the trip.
Brayden wasn't too fond of his carseat....

After we drove the golf cart around the island we decided to rent a motor boat. Let's just say we are used to riding motor boats on lakes and not on the ocean. The water was very choppy and the waves made me a bit nervous. Brayden only wanted to be held by his dad because he was driving the boat. The views from the boat were gorgeous though.

After the boat ride and an ice cream cone B and daddy fell asleep in the park for a much needed nap. I chose to read my book and protect our belongings.
After the nap we shopped some more, ate dinner at another cute little cafe, and then let Brayden play in the sand and get his feet wet in the water.
I was all ready to walk back to the boat dock when Cameron informed me that we weren't taking a boat home. Cameron then surprised me with helicopter tickets for our ride home. This was a lot of fun and it shortened our trip home to 15 minutes which was great for Brayden.

(Flying past the LA port)
(Me and the pilot)

Our trip was a lot of fun and I think we plan to go back to Catalina if anyone ever wants to join us.

3 comments:

The Shaws said...

Cameron is awesome! A helicopter ride. I am glad you finally got a chance to get to Catalina:>

JD, Annie and Ellie said...

I love Brayden's binky :) looks like you had fun. I am a little jealous.

Christi said...

"You think I could get a ride in one of them fancy helicopters?"--do you know what movie that's from? If you don't, you will soon.
Looks like a lot of fun. I wish we could join you.