Cameron just got back from Italy where he spent 9 days doing research for his MBA. Here are some of the highlights...(Cameron added the captions since I didn't get to go...)
Milan:

Milan Cathedral (4th largest church in the world)
Piazza del Duomo

Some Nuns on top of the Cathedral

A view of Milan from the Cathedral roof top

A long time ago the royal family went to Egypt and brought back some mummies

More mummies

Santa Maria delle Grazie - The original Last Supper painting is housed here; however, the tickets are sold out months in advance and we couldn't see it
Ivrea (near Turin):

Some of my UCLA teammates along with a few of the employees where we were working

Our Hotel....this renovated castle turned hotel still had part of the structure from 900 AD

more pictures of our hotel

The city of Ivrea (the Swiss alps are in the backdrop)
Rome:

The Forum

The Colosseum

Inside of the Colosseum (underneath the floor was where they kept the lions before the fights)

Castel Sant'Angelo

The Vatican

The Vatican Guards

St Peters Basilica
The rest of these are famous statues and paintings in the Vatican Museums or St Peters Basilica. I put the names of the ones I remember

The
Pietà sculpted by Michelangelo

The School of Athens by Raphael

The Belvedere Torso




6 comments:
I can't believe you didn't go!
lucky!
I'm pretty sure I'm jealous.
Looks like a lot more play than work!
Your brother is full of envy!
Wow!!! I really need to go to Italy now! Great pictures :)
(Do the Vatican guards remind anyone else of those kids that work at "Hot Dog on a Stick"?
Karen, sorry I have been a bad friend. Let's plan a play date for the boys soon! Maybe Wednesday morning or Friday afternoon?
Post a Comment