Halloween was approaching so I took Brayden to the store and we picked out a few costumes. His two favorites were Elmo and Thomas the train. I showed him the boys wearing the costumes and asked him what he wanted to be. He stared at the costumes for a long time and then he dropped Thomas and wouldn't give up the Elmo costume. I then decided that Cameron would be cookie monster and Kate would be big bird and I would be another character from Sesame Street. Later that night we put the Elmo costume on Brayden and he had a little melt down. He just wanted to hold the costume like a stuffed animal. The next morning I returned all the costumes to the store. Later that day when I got home I got on Old Navy's website and ordered Skeleton pj's for the kids. I figured the pj's were a great alternative to the traditional costume. Brayden ended up loving the pj's since they glow in the dark. He calls them his "light pajamas" and he likes that Kate has some too.
Our ward had a Trunk or Treat on Halloween night from five to six. This wasn't a great time for us considering Cameron doesn't get off work until after five so we decided to pass on that activity this year. We also figured we didn't need all that extra candy. On Halloween night once Cameron came home from work we drove Brayden up to some houses above our complex and let him trick or treat around the block. Once he had about 30 pieces of candy we called it a night. One house gave him a bag of microwave popcorn that he was very excited about. After trick or treating we went home popped the popcorn and then passed out candy for the rest of the night. Brayden got so excited whenever the door bell would ring... he would say "I am coming" and run to the door.
The next day when I asked Brayden about his Halloween night he said....
"push the button" "candy, chocolate" "daddy, Halloween bag"
I guess when Brayden was at the door he didn't dare pick a treat from the candy bowls. Instead he would stand there and lick his lips while Cameron had to pick out the candy.
| Brayden didn't want to pose for a picture. |
1 comment:
Cute costumes Karen! Great post on your blog too!
-Liz
Post a Comment