Monday, November 21, 2011

Refreshing

Living in Idaho is very refreshing to me.  I love being closer to family, the beautiful fall weather, all the grassy areas for B to run and play, and not having to deal with traffic.  At first I felt like I was just on a long vacation.  It’s been over a month since we moved and it’s finally starting to feel more real. 

I told Cameron last night I don’t feel like my life ever slows down here.  I feel like I always have something to unpack or to clean.  We are also doing a lot of things with family and new friends.

Brayden seems to be adjusting well to the move.  He has made several little friends at church and around our little neighborhood.  He made friends with two brothers (one who is four and the other is two) who live  two doors down that come knock on our door at least once a week and ask if Brayden can come over to play.   They have so much fun playing with each others’ toys and running around on the grass. 

Kate seems to be getting so big. Her first tooth broke through her gums on her five month birthday and her second tooth followed a week later.  She is also starting to sit up on her own and has taken interest in putting everything in her mouth.  She currently isn’t a fan of any baby food (I think she just may not be ready for it yet).  She is still such a sweet baby. 

When we first decided to take this job offer and move we had a few concerns about our apartment lease, Cameron’s orthodontic appointments, and other things.  So far everything seems to be working out for us.   One of our apartment managers back in California was able to rent our apartment for us after two weeks of us leaving (we were surprised considering how many openings they had).  This saved us a bundle!  Cameron’s new company agreed to cover all of our moving expenses which many companies weren’t willing to do.  We also still owed a bunch of money for our FSA but Cameron’s old company took care of that and he made one trip back to California for his braces.  When I see that the little things ended up working out I feel more at ease about our decision to take this job.   






2 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

It's amazing how things just work out, isn't it? p.s. You look great. I hope you continue to enjoy Idaho, even in February. This is usually the time of year when I wonder why we chose to live here.

The Shaws said...

I'm so glad things are going your way! Being near family is the best!