Monday, August 30, 2010

There and back again

This summer has seemed really busy between traveling to Utah, moving, etc. I feel like I finally get everything put away only to take it back out again to pack… or unpack. I am happy to report that as of tonight my new apartment is now 98% put together (I still have 2 picture frames to hang and our bedroom needs to be rearranged).


I have already posted several wedding pictures so I thought I would just highlight the rest of our trip.

(Brayden waiting for our bags at the airport)


The first of our trip started out with a new member of our family whose name was Betsy. Who is Betsy you might ask… Well a few weeks before we flew to Utah we knew we were flying in at 11:00pm. We figured nobody wanted to pick us up at that late hour so we decided to rent a car. We rented a midsize car from Hertz for a good deal. When we went to pick the car up at almost midnight they informed us that all midsize and full size cars were already gone for the day. The nice man then said don’t worry we will upgrade you to a full size gold car. Cameron asked what kind of car we were getting… and the nice man said “it’s a good car, it’s a police car”. Last time we rented a car we got an impala which we thought was a fine car… so that is what we expected we were getting. When we got out to the garage and saw our car we didn’t feel like we were getting an upgrade anymore.


Meet Betsy:

Needless to say the car grew on us a bit although we weren’t sad to turn her back in. The car was very big and comfortable but we felt like we were 80 + in it.


The next two days (Thursday and Friday) we spent doing wedding events. Friday night after the reception we drove to Wyoming to spend Saturday and Sunday with Cameron's family. Cameron then flew home on Sunday to go back to work and school and I stayed an extra week in Utah.

While in Utah we visited Willow Park. I should have never brought the stroller into the park because that is all B and Ellie wanted to play with.
This is how the day at the park turned out: Ellie stealing the stroller from B and B getting mad.
Cousinly love.
The next day we went to the Logan Aquatic center to swim. The water was a bit too warm for my likings.... But Brayden had fun until I tried to take a picture of him.
This is B and Ellie in the car on the way to the airport to go home. B looks so sweet here... if only he looked like this on the plane. I will just say that he had a complete melt down on the plane ride home and I am sure all the passengers were happy to see us get off the plane. I really have no desire to ever get back on a plane with this child. I have even thought a lot about driving home for Christmas. I guess after 13 flights I was bound to have one really bad one with him.
Other fun things we did while home:
  • Visited with some friends from High School
  • Celebrated my older brothers Birthday
  • Enjoyed many four wheeler rides
  • Went shopping and ate way too much good food! :)

2 comments:

dkkemp said...

Sounded like a great trip! I can't believe how big Brayden is getting and that you've flown with him 13 times! crazy woman! And yes, next time you MUST take some time and see us! We'd love it!

Some_Area_Gal said...

I just saw the link to your blog on facebook. Hope you don't mind a took a look!
I loved willow park when I was growing up. Looks like you had a great trip!