Sometimes I feel like we don’t have the best of luck… Recently, my cell phone ear speaker decided to break and stop working. I now have to talk to everyone with my Bluetooth or on speaker.
Last Friday I took the kids to the park to play. While at the park a city truck hit my car. You may all remember this same car was rear ended 3 months ago on the way home from the hospital with Kate.
The next day (Saturday) while cooking our new child-proof knob melted and broke off.
On Sunday Cameron gave Brayden the opportunity to lock us out of the apartment and of course he took this opportunity. To make the story short Cameron took Brayden into the apartment while I was getting Kate out of the car. He left Brayden and the keys in the apartment and went back out to the car to get a few things. Brayden then shut our door which happened to be locked. Cameron claimed all the windows were locked so I called our apartment maintenance emergency line who said it would take 30 to 40 minutes to get to our apartment. I don’t trust Brayden in our apartment that long so we called 911 and the dispatcher said the cops would kick our door down. Cameron told 911 not to bother and he would rather do that himself. I had Cameron check the windows one more time and apparently he didn’t look good because Brayden’s window was unlocked. He immediately ripped off the screen and opened the window. Brayden was a little scared after being in the house by himself for 15 minutes with us pounding on the doors and windows.
Monday came and Cameron received a call that he had been waiting for for over a month and of course it came at the only time of the day he couldn’t accept it (I will tell you more about the call on a later post).
Tuesday came and Brayden was stung by a wasp and his little hand was swollen.
I think our bad luck has gone away and life seems to be getting back to normal although I am not sure what normal is anymore. It seems like life is always changing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you believe this little girl is 3 months old!!!
Funny story... While dropping Cameron's pants off at the dry cleaners the nice Asian woman employee came to look at my baby. She said "oh he is just so adorable he's a boy right???" I said "no she is a girl" (she was wearing a pink outfit with a flower blanket and was sucking on a pink binky). The lady then told the other employee to come look at this adorable little boy. I then corrected the lady again by saying she is actually a girl. The lady then looked at Kate again and asked me if I shave her head. I guess she hasn't ever seen a bald baby girl??? (She does have a little bit of hair its just really light)
This isn't the first time people have implied that Kate looks like a boy. Many people at church tell me all the time that Kate looks just like Brayden with a bow. :)
5 comments:
Everyone always called Peyton a boy. I think it's just the fact that baby girls don't have hair so therefore they are boys right? It was so frustrating!!! And poor Brayden sung by a wasp!! I hope your bad luck is over.
Ha ha...love it! That's very daring of you to shave Kates head. Wow. Any way, I would say you have a little good luck considering Cameron broke in and saved the day. I did however, also think Brayden could have been stolen in the middle of the night...just sayin.
What a crazy few days you had. Glad to hear your luck as changed, at least for now.
Not fair to leave us hanging with that comment about the phone call. I hope that post comes quickly!! :)
Happy anniversary tomorrow and happy birth to my baby boy tomorrow. I hope the day goes well for both of us.
Kate looks so grown up in her bumbo, and clearly looks like a girl! Sorry about the bad luck!
Sorry for your bad luck lately, but it can only change for the better right?! And yeah, my little girl's been called a boy too.... seriously you'd think the pink and flowers would be a good clue?
Post a Comment