Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fire Safety

A while back Brayden attempted to burn down our little apartment by messing with the stove top burners. He finally figured out how to push in and turn the knobs. Unfortunately at the moment when he figured it out I had placed paper towels on the stove top (I was cleaning). Fortunately, I was right there and tossed the flaming paper towels into the sink.

We had a little bit of ash floating around our apartment for a few days but other then that we were all okay. The next day we went to babies'r'us and purchased child proof covers for the knobs. I also had Cameron bring home a fire extinguisher from his work and I took Brayden to see the firemen at the library the next week to learn about fire safety.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Thats a little scary. I keep thinking that I should talk to Emorie about fire safety (and other saftey issues) but I always think that all it will do is give her ideas to try. Not sure thats the best plan though.