I love my little boy Brayden but he sure knows how to test my patience. When folding laundry his new favorite thing to do is pick up stacks of folded clothes and run… yup he runs until he finds a hiding place for them. I most frequently find them back inside the washing machine.
Whenever he wants my attention he goes for the baby. He will look at me and smile and then he will quickly start hitting her in the face. I will pick him up and place him in time out for several minutes (time out is currently in an empty small laundry basket... Why?? because he doesn't know how to get out of it!). When his time out is over I will pick him up out of the basket and he will kiss the baby better. I give Brayden lots of attention because Kate still sleeps a lot during the day but I think he wants all of my attention.
Some of his new favorite things to do include jumping off the couches and getting up to tell me that he fell down. He has recently discovered how to fully use the dining room chairs by pushing them around to reach things that used to be out of his reach. Whenever we give Brayden a water bottle to drink out of we are always amazed by how much food and floaties he adds to the water. He loves to go from room to room and empty all the drawers. He is never allowed to be around a roll of toilet paper for he will waste it all. When shopping at Target he loves to run and pull as many things off the shelves as he can.
He is a little bit stubborn… Whenever we are driving in the car and he sees anything that at all resembles a train he is convinced it’s a train… even after I tell him ten times it’s a large semi truck or bus. I think he is also convinced I am lying to him when I show him horses or ponies because he always looks at me and says “cow...mooooo”. When he wakes up in the morning the first things that come out of his mouth are “Popsicle, Ice cream, chocolate” after I give him other breakfast options he then repeats “Popsicle, Ice cream, chocolate”.
He loves to kiss and hug us. You just have to be careful because he also likes to stick out his tongue and lick...
He loves finding the moon in the sky. He can name almost every color now. He tries to be a helper whenever I try to cook anything. He still loves kitties and the color pink (I am not encouraging or discouraging the color pink right now). He loves cars, trucks and choo choo trains. He hates when we take his shoes off at night so he can go to bed. If he is wearing a polo or button up shirt he always wants the top button done up. He loves Curious George. He is a great singer and currently he likes to sing “I am a Child of God” “Popcorn Popping” “Head Shoulders Knees and Toes” and “Row Row Row your Boat”.
3 comments:
I wish I had a small cage that Ellie can't get out of....we spend more time then is necessary keeping her in time out. I guess I have a lot of fun stuff to look forward to. :) In Ellie's words...."that Brayden is a little stinker."
Lol sounds like he finally hit the terrible 2's. He's starting to sound more like Landon...Landon recently figured out how to climb over the gate at the bottom of the stairs...great!
Ha I LOVE your time-out place! It makes me feel better knowing that Brayden can be frustrating too ... Mac is driving me crazy lately. And this baby hasn't even come yet! They'll turn out okay, right??
Post a Comment