Thursday, July 14, 2011

July Update

I was a little nervous about having two children but so far it hasn’t been that difficult (going from zero children to one child was much more difficult then going from one child to two). I had convinced myself that the newborn would be the difficult and time consuming child and I was wrong. Kate has been a super easy going baby (I hope she stays that way). Brayden is the one who challenges my patience… he is a typical demanding two year old. He is very patient with Kate and wants to make sure she is taken care of but after that, he wants all my attention. I love both kids so much and am glad that they will be close in age so that they can play with each other in the near future. This is what we have been up to as of late:

Cameron:

  • Joined the ward softball team
  • Has enjoyed his time off of work. In the months of June and July he will have taken off 4 weeks.
  • He is catching up on his sleep that he lost from the last three years of school.

Me

  • Busy with two little people
  • Learning how to grocery shop with two children
  • Purchased a sit and stand stroller for the children so I continue to walk everyday
  • Has way too many unfinished projects
  • Reading the book “the Help”

Brayden

  • He still loves cats and Curious George.
  • He repeats everything that we say (little copycat)
  • Likes story time with dad
  • Is becoming more and more independent every day
  • Loves to sit in the drivers seat of the parked car and pretend to drive
  • He loves giving his sister hugs and kisses
  • Loves otter pops and his stuffed animals
  • He is shy around strangers or other children
  • He calls me “hunny” (I think he learned that from Cameron)
  • Loves swimming in the pool
  • Loves his clothes and hates when we take them off
  • Loves to tell me when Kate is sad
  • Likes holding his sister

Kate

  • Wakes up usually only once a night to eat (she has slept through the night twice)
  • Very mellow baby
  • She usually chooses to grunt instead of cry
  • Starting to smile a little bit
  • Still sleeps a good portion of the day
  • Is six weeks old
  • We will be blessing her in Utah on the 24th of July in my parents ward (Cove Ward)

Pool Pictures:


(Brayden's attempt to escape)

(He wouldn't let me help him with his sunglasses)

1 comment:

magunn said...

I LOVED The Help!! So so very good. Did you know they're making a movie? I think it comes out in August or September. We should have a girls night and go see it!