I hate being late… I have always hated being late to anything and I never thought getting one extra person ready for church would be so difficult… Last night (Saturday) I informed Cameron that he was in charge of getting himself and Brayden ready for church and I would take care of Kate. I woke up a little after 7:00 am and did some laundry while Cameron continued to sleep. Brayden then woke up around 7:30. I got him out of his crib and brought him to Cameron. I proceeded to give Kate a bath and do my make-up etc. Cameron and Brayden then spent the next thirty or more minutes eating breakfast. After which Cameron changed Brayden’s diaper, ironed both Brayden’s shirt and my skirt, and then put Brayden’s shirt on him and turned on cartoons. Brayden’s pants were in the dryer so Cameron went to get himself ready.
It was 8:20am and I realized there was no way we were going to get out of the house on time. Kate was ready so I put her in her carseat (thank goodness she is a good baby and just sits quietly where ever you place her). I then dressed myself and proceeded to get Brayden ready. I did Brayden’s hair, finished dressing him, and packed his diaper bag. It was now 8:45am (we typically are already driving to church at this point).
Cameron then informed me he still needed to figure out tithing and then he would be ready for church (but I should be happy because he got Brayden ready). I loaded the kids in the car and grabbed a piece of bread for breakfast (I wish I had a thirty minute breakfast) and Cameron came out to go. It was 8:55am… church starts at 9:00am. If we lived in Cove we would still make it to church on time but we live in La Habra and church is 6 or 7 miles away and there seems to be a million lights in between. We got to church around 9:10 which isn’t horrible but I wasn’t happy about it.
Cameron later informed me that the reason breakfast took so long is because Brayden was helping him cook the eggs and he kept turning off the gas burner. He also said that we all need to just get up thirty minutes earlier and we won’t have these issues. I don’t think I need to wake up any earlier I think it’s just him.
Church went smoothly except for the fact that both of my children love to fill their diapers and one (Kate) had a blow out… I was thankful this happened 15 minutes before church ended because I didn’t have time to think about packing her an extra outfit this morning. I was happy church was over at noon because I was out of both diapers and wipes. I guess I will pack better for next Sunday.


3 comments:
at least you attempt to go to church. jace poops twice a week one of those times includes church....and its usually a blow out.
We are never on time to church!! The last couple of weeks I made the TV stay off before church--and we were on time both weeks--having it on just slows EVERYBODY down! Good luck!
Lol! I know the feeling! At least Cameron is home to help you. I'm on my own every Sunday getting the kids and myself ready. We too were late this past Sunday :0/ Probably because I couldn't find anything that fit lol
Post a Comment