Thursday, March 10, 2011

Surprises


I am not one who is good with surprises. I usually never to do them myself but I married someone who likes to surprise me with things. When we were dating I used to get random calls from my apartment complex’s management office that I had a package waiting for me. I would go downstairs to find flowers or other small gifts. When we got married I would on occasion wake up to find flowers and donuts or breakfast already prepared. He has also surprised me in the past with a flight home to see the family, tickets to go see musicals, a helicopter ride back from Catalina Island, jewelry, etc…

As of late, Cameron has been leaving for work before I am up for the day. I knew something was up this week when every morning that I woke up there was a new random picture hanging on my dinning room wall.

On Tuesday, I woke up to find a picture with the word “BOA” on it. I immediately associated this with a Japanese steakhouse Cameron loves in Santa Monica. I thought the picture was just a clue that he wanted to go on a date there sometime soon. I really didn’t think too much of it.

The next morning (Wednesday) there was a picture of a giant pancake on my wall. This picture made me think about a breakfast restaurant we both love in San Diego. I was a bit confused and asked Cameron about what these pictures meant but of course he either would change the subject or insist that he didn’t put them there. That night when I wasn’t looking he hung a picture of a Lady with two kids (one kid dressed as a princess) on the wall. This picture made me think of my friend Shawna. He denied that it was supposed to be her of course and told me that I was supposed to think about how Japan, pancakes and a princess fit together. I just tried to honestly not think about it too much because I knew he wasn’t going to be helpful.

The next morning which was Thursday I woke up to find another picture on the wall. This time it was a pink donut from Dunkin Donuts. The closest Dunkin Donuts is in Las Vegas. I asked a few people about these pictures and nobody seemed to know what he was up to. Thursday night I think he got sick of me asking him so many questions so when I wasn’t looking he hung three more pictures on the wall to end the game. One was an airplane, the next of the Trump hotel and the last picture of the Cirque show O. I finally put it all together.

He bought flights to Las Vegas where we are going to stay at the Trump hotel for two nights and go to some restaurants we both love and see a Cirque show. I guess Brayden doesn’t get to go (he is staying with my friend Shawna). I am a bit nervous about leaving him for two days. I know he will be fine with her and it will be good to get away before baby number two arrives. So that is Cameron’s latest surprise. Thanks Cameron you are the best!

4 comments:

strimmell said...

Lol Yay you finally know! You two will have so much fun. Brayden is always good so you don't need to worry while you are away. However, feel free to call and check up on him whenever you want (I did that while we went away a few weeks ago) I hope you guys have a blast!

Richie and Jenn Hellewell said...

So that's the big surprise!! So nice of him. He'll have get Richie to do fun stuff like that. It should be great to get away and go see the show. When are you guys going?

Liz said...

Whoohoo! Go Cameron! That is so fun. I am excited for you!

Amanda said...

You have an awesome husband. Mine is pretty awesome too, but maybe Cameron could pass a little bit of his particular talent off on Tyler. I will gladly give him Ty's cell phone number when needed.