Sunday, June 27, 2010

Chair

Ever since Brayden was born I have wanted a rocking chair… but due to the fact that we wanted to save extra money to put down on a house one day we choose to live in a smaller apartment (We figured we should sacrifice now to get what we want later) anyway due to the lack of space I knew I wouldn’t have room for the rocking chair. So for the first year of Brayden’s life I just rocked Brayden standing up or I just sat on the couch with him (I sometimes felt like rocking him standing up helped me loose my baby weight faster).


Well our lease on our apartment came due and we have been debating what we wanted to do (Move to a bigger apartment… stay where we are at for a least 1 more year… etc…) We still haven’t decided what we are going to do mostly because where we live is very mismanaged and they can’t seem to tell us how much our rent increase will be (It’s been quoted to us several times as low as 5% and as high as 24%).


While we have been waiting, I have been rearranging and cleaning my apartment and I finally made space for my rocking chair. So after 4 hours at the furniture store (yes both Cameron and Brayden fell asleep in a chair) I finally decided on the chair I wanted. It’s nothing special but I love that I can rock my big baby (almost a toddler) to sleep at night.



(You might notice the spatula in his hand. Brayden has seemed to have taken a liking to spatulas and can almost always be seen with one.)


3 comments:

The Stanger Fam said...

Good for you! Kuddos for making room for it and for not having one when Brayden was little. Jed and I still live in our little house, it can be cramped sometimes but then when we move to someplace bigger, we will be all the more grateful for it. I hope your rent doesn't go up too much or that you can find another nice place.

Luisa said...

That's exciting for you! I have loved rocking Jake in the rocking chair...it's just one of those mom things you want to do with your baby

Jessica said...

Oooh. I love buying furniture. How fun. It's beautiful.