Monday, April 30, 2012

Life these days


In the middle of April Cameron, Kate, and I flew back to California to get Cameron’s braces off.   Cameron is so happy to be done with braces.  While we were there we were able to see some friends and eat out at all our favorite restaurants.  We even found a new restaurant in Newport Beach called the Rusty Pelican that had awesome halibut.  Brayden stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa which I know he enjoyed.  He cried the whole way home from leaving their house. 

Kate loves to babble.  She says mamama and dadada and lots of other sounds.  She is still our little sleeper.  She sleeps all through the night and still naps two to three times a day.  She loves her binky and yes she is still swaddled at night and during her naps.  She is probably the only 11 month old that still loves to be swaddled like a newborn. 

Brayden is getting to be such a big boy.  He is talking in sentences and says the funniest things.  For instance the other night he was really getting to me so I stepped outside to take a quick break from the kids (Cameron was still in the house with them) and when I walked in the door Brayden was standing by the door mad that he didn’t get to go with me.  I looked at him and said “Brayden you are driving me crazy” he looked back at me and said “I want to go to crazy too”.  I said “No… Brayden you are driving me crazy”. he then responded by saying “I want to drive to crazy too”.   

 Brayden has also started to do a lot of pretend play with his toys and always asks to go to Grandma’s house.   He still doesn’t want anything to do with the potty but I plan to work on that with him around his third birthday.

Cameron and I are team teachers in the primary.  We teach the four year olds and have a few lively little boys in our class.  This has been a new experience for Cameron because he has never had a church job in the primary before.  

I am up to the same old thing of taking care of my two little kids and the house.   Brayden loves to go outside and play in the big grassy area and loves that there are always little friends out there.  This has been nice for me as well because I have got to know a lot of the girls in my ward who are outside with their kids. 

We are enjoying life in Idaho and love that our kids are getting to know their grandparents and cousins better.   Living in a small town seems more like home to me and I am trying my best to enjoy it as much as I can for now.  

No comments: