It’s nice to go on vacation and see family but it is also nice to be back home. Traveling with a baby can be difficult at times. We are now working on getting Brayden back on his schedule and getting our apartment clean and organized.
When we fly to Utah we typically fly Jetblue out of Long Beach. Due to Cameron’s flight to Ohio being out of LAX and the need to fly home on a Monday I flew Southwest. While I hated LAX and remembered really quickly why I stopped using that airport, I did enjoy Southwest. The flights were only half full which allowed me to bring my car seat onto the plane. Brayden does well in his car seat. He has learned that when he is there he doesn’t have an option of getting out. He makes the best of being in the car seat by looking at books etc… For me it was so nice not to have Brayden in my arms the whole flight. It was also nice that nobody wanted to sit next to me and Brayden. I decided the way to fly (if it is an option) is with an extra free seat and car seat for the baby.
This week I started purchasing summer items such as a flotation device for Brayden for the pool, balls and a bubble gun. So far I think I enjoy the bubble gun more than Brayden does.
5 comments:
Ellie would be so jealous of Brayden's new toys.....well your new toys. Even more jealous though of the pool. We need to visit. Honestly though, can you imagine Ellie on an airplane now days. Makes my head hurt just thinking of it.
Another nice thing about Southwest is that they give you extra snacks (for free!) and you don't have to pay for your bags. Just be glad your flight is only a couple of hours and you don't have layovers! Still, it's a challenge to fly with a baby. No fun holding one the whole flight.
Oh what a stud! And that is GREAT about the flight, did you have to pay to use that carseat? Or did nobody say anything? I would love to strap Mac down when we fly! But I'm definitely cheap . . . and I also loved how nobody sat by you. That is a great feeling. Hurrah for babies!
Baby B sure is handsome. Thanks so much for coming to see us. Maybe next time we see each other we won't all be sick.
mom
Oh Brayden is getting so big! And what a cute little boy! You look great too, Karen! Dave graduates from school in two months and we'll be moving to Utah! woo-hoo! He and Jake Simmons are partnering and setting up practice in Saratoga Springs. Exciting, huh?
Miss you!
Post a Comment