Saturday, November 10, 2012

Update


I have been a horrible blogger this last year. I blame this mostly on the fact that we decided we needed to find Cameron a new job shortly after he started working at Hoku in Pocatello.  I ended up spending much of my free time looking for jobs in Utah and Idaho. 

Unfortunately, Hoku didn’t pan out to be what we thought it would be. While there were negatives to the company, I like to focus on the positives.  I loved that we have been so close to family this past year and I also loved that Cameron was able to spend so much time with the kids.  He never lost his job (Hoku had three layoffs in 2011/2012) and was always paid well.  He also worked a very flexible shift and was home a lot with the kids.  This was a big change from California.  In California, Cameron worked a lot more and went to school so there were weeks when he wouldn’t see Brayden for four days. 

In October, Cameron accepted a job offer to work as the Transportation Manager for a company called Idahoan Foods.  Its headquarters are in Idaho Falls and we were very excited to take the offer.  We love the Idaho Falls area (we live in Ammon) and feel like this company is giving Cameron a great opportunity.  If it all works out we are hoping to get into a house in the summer of 2013 and start establishing ourselves more into a community. 

In the next few weeks I hope to catch up on some of my blogging.  I feel bad I haven’t blogged nearly enough about Kate’s milestones.   I guess I can always try better this next year.  

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Your "year when Cameron was home" sounds a lot like a year we had back in 2009 when B's bank was slowly shutting down and he was still employed, but ddn't really need to go in to work much. I look back on those days with longing now...I loved having B home so much! Congrats on the new job!